New York City Strong (tm).com

Resiliency Plan announced to Protect Lower Manhattan From Climate Change

Comprehensive resiliency plan advances $500 million in capital projects and interim measures that will protect up to 70% of Lower Manhattan; for remaining 30%, recommends extending the shoreline into East River to protect Seaport & FiDi Mayor Bill de Blasio announces $500 million resiliency plan to protect Lower Manhattan from…
View Images / Continue Reading »

MAIL BOMBS – FBI Director Christopher Wray’s Remarks Regarding Arrest of Cesar Sayoc in Suspicious Package Investigation

As the attorney general has confirmed, we have arrested Cesar Sayoc in connection with this investigation. As our investigation is still ongoing, I may not be able to answer questions about his background or about his motive. What I can say is that this was a nationwide investigation of enormous…
View Images / Continue Reading »

Rockland County Man Charged With Manufacturing An Explosive Device And Transporting Explosives Across State Lines

Paul M. Rosenfeld planned to detonate explosive device on the National Mall on Election Day to attract support for “Sortition” New York, NY: Geoffrey S. Berman, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York and William F. Sweeney Jr., the Assistant Director-in-Charge of the New York Office…
View Images / Continue Reading »

Upstate Limo Disaster – Governor “the worst traffic accidents in the history of the state of New York”

Governor Cuomo: Sad news, we had a terrible traffic fatality in the Capital Region. Over 20 people deceased. It's one of the worst traffic accidents in the history of the state of New York. It is really tragic. It reminds us all that every day is precious. We take it for…
View Images / Continue Reading »

Department of Homeland Security Launches First National Awareness Day

WASHINGTON— Today, the Department of Homeland Security will proudly host the national “If You See Something, Say Something®” Awareness Day. The “If You See Something, Say Something®” campaign is calling on citizens and national public and private-sector partners to participate in activities related to the campaign, including: Learning what suspicious…
View Images / Continue Reading »